Aura Kingdom Duelist SPD/EVA Build PvE Guide (formerly known as Aura Kingdom Duelist/Gunslinger Quick Agility Guide) is a summary, some knowledge and past experience of my own. I'm sure there are more variations and different points of view, different players also have different playing style and prefer different builds. Nevertheless, we should all be open-minded and I hope you get something useful out of this! Since now you can reset your subclass for free any time, I will be changing focus from Duelist/Gunslinger to Duelist in general. Guide Status To be updated soon... Published On 2014.05.22 Last Update 2015.05.29 Log for Major Updates 2015.05.28: Guide will focus on Duelist PvE instead of Duelist/Gunslinger. 2015.03.15: Updated Eidolons and Food & Buff. 2015.02.26: Updated Enchantment Card. 2015.01.21: Added Costume and Enchantment Card. 2014.11.25: Updated Equipment & Secret Stone. 2014.07.16: Updated Equipment & Secret Stone.
Before you start scrolling, here are some ABBR (abbreviations) I have used in this guide, and you should take a look at them in case if you didn’t know what they mean, so to make your reading easier and more fluent.
- DMG = Damage
- CRIT = Critical
- SPD = Speed
- HP = Health Point
- ATK = Attack
- DEF = Defense
- EVA = Evasion
- AT = Alabastren Temple
- GG = Gydaie Glen
- MS = Miner’s Steppe
- AFK = Away From Keyboard
- AoE = Area of Effect
- PvE = Player versus Environment
- B2B = Boss to Boss
- PL = Purple Lightning (a Duelist’s skill)
- AH = Auction House
- SS = Secret Stone
- ST = Sky Tower
- WB = World Boss
- GH = Guild Hall
- CC = Crowd Control
In this guide, I’ve focused on a PvE build: the SPD and EVA build.
Why SPD and EVA build? Because personally, I find it suits me the best. Of course, you can go for other stats, and different builds have their own pros and cons, so you will have to decide which one suits you the best. Also, because I can; a lot of players may find it hard to cap EVA, but it’s not as hard as you think!
The advantage of being a Duelist, is that you already have a 15% EVA boost in your passive Envoy’s Path, and your party buff skill also increases EVA. What we are trying to achieve here is to cap both SPD and EVA. What is good when you have capped both stats?
- When SPD is capped:
- You are able to spam PL later, meaning that permanent Move SPD +20% and CRIT boost.
- Your DoT will reach maximum ticks per second.
- You can spam your two frontal AoE skills when grouping mobs.
- When EVA is capped:
- You are able to dodge almost all attacks from monsters and some from bosses.
- A “missed” attack means no damage.
Note Some bosses' AoE carpet attacks are not dodgeable! You will have to run out of its range.
The cap for SPD is 50%, and for EVA is 95%.
What you can expect after following this guide:
- Easy B2B run in Solo Mode.
- High survivability in B2B or Lure run in Party/Hell Mode.
- Bad days when that lack of 5% in EVA stab you in the back.
- Can tank and lure.
- B2B solo Party/Hell Mode. (optional)
Motto "You either die a few hits, or live long enough to see all those misses."
Now, let me list some pros and a few cons of this build, and then it is up to you if you want to continue reading or not.
- Nearly full-time evasion. With capped 95% EVA means 100 hits only 5 will hit you, assuming the monster and you are at the same level.
- With that said, you have considerably higher survivability.
- Skill spamming. With capped 50% SPD, you are able to spam almost all Duelist’s skills.
- With that said, your DoT has maximum ticks per second.
- You are able to tank a group of monsters, when there is no Guardian around.
- You are able to lure a whole dungeon, when there is no Guardian or Bard around. (See lure runs examples in Otherworlds AT, GG and MS.)
- You can choose your food and Eidolons as desired, for most of the time.
- You don’t necessarily need other party buffs, for most of the time.
- Considerably higher chance of dying if you don’t dodge some bosses’ AoE red carpet attacks, if you have low defense or HP.
- Die easily if you are having a bad day, assuming that 5 hits successfully land on you together.
- Require some decent amount of fortification levels on your armors to fill up the lack of defensive stats.
- Can not evade AoE attacks from some bosses’ AoE trap attacks, such as from Fia, Toto, Talen, Talamund etc..
- Impossible to AFK farm with your Eidolons.
|Sustained DPS (DoT):||★★★★★|
If you have continued reading this far, you should now understand roughly about what this guide focuses. ⊗ But, before you start this journey, please keep the followings in mind:
- There are more than one way to play a Duelist.
- This is from my personal experience, every item is also personal suggestion, I by no means state that they are the best choices, but rather, suitable.
- Different people have different playing styles, so this may or may not suit you.
- If you follow a guide, you may or may not achieve as good, but you may also get inspired and do your own variations to achieve even better result. Who knows.
- Consider if a build and playing style is suitable for you, because there isn’t really a “best” build, but rather a best suitable build for different individuals.
- Be learnful and experimental, you don’t have to follow a guide 100%, think of it as a guideline, not rule. You don’t want to copy-paste a character, you want your own unique one!
Alright, then! Let’s get started!
- 1 Aims
- 2 Mastery
- 3 Equipment & Secret Stone
- 3.1 Prior level 50
- 3.2 Level 50
- 3.3 Secret Stones
- 3.4 Level 60
- 3.5 Level 65
- 4 Costume
- 5 Enchantment Card
- 6 Envoy’s Path
- 7 Stats
- 8 Eidolons
- 9 Food & Buff
- 10 Fighting Technique
- 11 Feedback & Sharing
In this game we are able to reset our Stats and Envoy’s Path with a rather small amount of gold. With the fundamental aspects set early in game, you need to only test around with your character’s ATK/DEF stats. When distributing ATK and DEF Points, you must also take into account the food, buffs and Eidolons you use. You should settle these factors down as early as possible, too!
Depending on the situations, for example, if you solo often, you probably want to spend more points on SPD/EVA, as you don’t receive other party buffs often. On the other hand, if you party a lot, you probably can spend less points on SPD/EVA, because your party members probably will use different type of Eidolons and have different type of buffs.
After all, what you need to do is to find a balance between your fundamental stats and other additional boosts that may come. Since everyone’s situation varies, what works for me may not work for you, so the best advice here is that you use this guide with some own implementations.
There are three grades for Masteries, Relic (you learn as you level up) with blue names; Theory with green names; and Analysis with orange names. Now, these Masteries are settle at early stage.
Note You get the basic ones after reaching certain levels. Between level 30 to 55 you are able to learn Theories, depending on the type of Masteries. Analysis are for level 60 and 65. You must first learn the Theory before you can learn the Analysis! Tips You can purchase some of the higher level Masteries from the Masters in Navea with Tokens.
Main choice: Cracking Slash. Fortifies “Slash Cut” with DoT effect. Since a Duelist’s property is DoT, this will suit your style.
Main choice: Boost. Increases SPD and DMG.
Alternative: Zeal. Grants 10% chance to do extra damage.
Main choice: From the Shadows. Fortifies “Purple Lightning” and increases DMG. Since you are able to spam PL, this DMG boost can be considered as a permanent boost!
Main choice: Extreme Speed. Increases EVA and Move SPD.
Main choice: Break Defense. Grants 25% chance to decrease target’s DEF.
Main choice 1: Capoeira. Converts DMG to EVA.
Main choice 2: The Best Defense. Converts DMG to DEF.
Equipment & Secret Stone
Prior level 50
Equipment obtained from quests and dungeons are sufficient prior level 50. Use anything you find!
When you reach level 50, go ahead and craft full Requiem set.
Somber Requiem set for upper body part.
- Damage taken from bosses -15%.
- Damage taken -4%.
- Less DMG.
Painful Requiem set for lower body part.
- Damage taken from elites -15%.
- 8% chance of activating Soul Barrier when attacked, which increases DEF by 472 for 15 seconds.
- Less DMG.
Note With a good Requiem set, they can support you all the way up to level 60 and before you craft your next set. It's important now that you already have a good set!
If you have no recipes, buy them from AH or other players; they are a lot cheaper now, anyway. With the Requiem set equipped, you are about half way done!
When crafting these gears, use this Vigilant Lunar Armor Core!
There are three suitable trophies you can choose from.
I have actually used this level 40 Noripan’s Emerald Leaf until I got my level 60 ones.
- Move SPD +5%.
- Considerably low stats overall.
Tips Use a Imperial Ritual Trophy Core, which offers 3% Move SPD to craft this one, then you get a total of 8% Move SPD boost from one trophy!
Mighty Horn of Argus.
- Move SPD +3%.
- Less SPD.
Alternatively, Argus’s Dragon Heart.
- Less Move SPD.
- Crit Damage against bosses +25%.
- Every attack has an 8% chance to chant a Curse of Erosion, which deals 1416 Damage per second for 15 seconds and absorbs 30% of that Damage to recover HP.
Alternatively, Meira’s Silver Ceremonial Dagger, if you are not able to craft Cursed Scimitars.
- Whirling Dance Range +10m.
- Every attack has an 8% chance to make you Alert, which increases DMG by 2648 for 15 seconds.
Nazrudin’s Deep Freeze set.
At this stage, you can start preparing your SS already. If you are lucky to find the perfect ones that suit you, you can then start upgrading them; otherwise, pick up some cheap ones just for temporary use.
I will get back to level 60 after this.
As you have noticed, all SS I’m using have a EVA +2% stats. This is also one of the key to achieve high EVA! With seven such SS, that is a plain 14% EVA boost; can not miss that if you are trying to cap 95%!
You should try to pick the other stats to be DMG +2%. Assuming you have picked your ideal SS, you only need to keep upgrading them.
Attention! The SPD stats in SS does not work properly! It doesn't add to your SPD stats, turns out it adds to your Normal Attack Speed.
If you are at or over level 60, you can keep reading.
After spending your Envoy Points, you should now see that your EVA is already capped even without any EVA stat points spent on it! Now you are supposed to be able to start soloing dungeons, here is an example of my test character at level 50 soloing Deep’s Cavern (Party).
When you reach level 60, go ahead and craft full Titan set.
Furious Titan Warrior set for upper body part.
- Damage taken from bosses -15%.
- Damage taken -5%.
- Less DMG.
Raging Titan Warrior set for lower body part.
- Damage taken from elites -15%.
- 8% chance of activating Tenacious Will when attacked, which increases DEF by 651 for 15 seconds
- Less DMG.
Note At this stage you should already know what you need or lack, and how to pick cores accordingly!
Sadly, we have only one trophy that provides us both SPD and EVA, and that is Murfeo’s Immortal Oath.
- HEAL +15% is mainly for Bard.
Malodnak’s Dark Claw and Malodnak’s Sharp Claw, you can have both in your bag, and switch between them depending on if you are fighting monsters or bosses.
Malodnak’s Dark Claw.
- Every critical hit has a 10% chance of calling on Malodnak’s Fury, which increases Damage of the next attack by 45% if the target is a boss monster. Effect lasts until an attack lands or 15 seconds have expired
- Less SPD and EVA.
Malodnak’s Sharp Claw.
- Every critical hit has a 10% of calling on Malodnak’s Claws, which increases Damage of a subsequent attack by 30% Effect lasts until an attack lands or 15 seconds have expired
- Less SPD and EVA.
- Crit Damage against bosses +25%.
- Every attack has an 8% chance grant the Power of the Wind, which increases DMG by 6% for 15 seconds.
Demonic Blades, but requires extra recipe.
- Damage against bosses +10%.
- Every attack has an 8% chance to slash with a Forbidden Blade, which deals bonus Damage.
Zaahir’s Soul-Rending Fangs, requires quite a few runs in Infernal Abyss.
- 2% of Damage dealt from skills is absorbed as HP.
- Damage +50% to Ice Attribute targets.
- Every crit hit has a 15% chance to Rend Souls, which increases DMG by 8% for 15 seconds.
Murfeo’s Winged Necklace, Malodnak’s Ring of the Lich and Frederic’s Feathered Cloak.
Since these level 55 items are separated, they have similar stats but are not considered as a set. Thus, there is no Set Bonus when you equip them!
- CRIT DMG.
- Less SPD.
This section is skippable, because your 60’s sets will still do fine at level 65 and above. However, it’s entirely up to your economy if you want to keep using and increase the star of your current set or higher level set. Or perhaps wait until level 70 and craft the 70’s set.
Upper Body Armor
- For every dodge there is a chance to proc a buff that increases DMG.
- Less SPD.
Tips The Opportunist Set can be obtained through digging. A guide for Archaeology can be found here.
Alternatively, Grizzled Sorrow Set.
- Decreases DEF of enemies within a 5-meter range by 10% for 15 seconds when evading.
- Less HP and DMG.
Lower Body Armor
Grizzled Mourning Set.
- 20% chance of activating Mana Shock when evading, which deals 10170 DMG to all enemies within a 5-meter range.
- Less HP and DMG.
Alternatively, Scorching Samurai Set. You can choose this set if you have sufficient EVA.
- DMG received -3%.
- Convert 2% of DMG received into recovered HP.
- Less DMG.
There are mostly Elemental trophies at level 65, so unless you want to boost your elemental damage, you can keep using your previous trophies. But most Duelist’s skills are non-elemental, only “Snowflower” has ice element, and “Dancing Balisong” has holy element.
Blades of Fame and Glory.
- Crit Rate of Slash Cut +5%
- Every attack has an 8% chance to be blessed by the Light of Glory, which increases CRIT by 1251 for 15 seconds.
Nazrudin’s Blades, Australis and Borealis.
- Damage of Cross Slash +25%.
- 50% bonus Damage to Flame attribute targets.
- Every attack has an 8% chance to draw the Energy of the Aurora, which increases DMG by 4066 for 15 seconds.
The Soulless and The Sorrow. (Love this name! ) With 50% SPD capped and this weapon, you can keep PL active all the time; meaning that permanent Move SPD +20% and CRIT boost!
- Duration of Purple Lightning +10 seconds.
- Every attack has an 8% chance to channel Evil Spirits, which deals bonus Damage.
These accessories are dropped in Dragons dungeons, so if you have trouble obtaining these, keep using the previous ones to hold out for a while!
Charming Scent Set.
- Less DMG.
Alternatively, Soaring King Set. You can choose this set if you have sufficient EVA
- Less EVA.
For starter, you should buy Secret (orange) tiered costumes. You don’t have to pay much attention on the outlook if you don’t have much fund.
You need these costumes because they each offers 1% boost in all stats, that is 5% of stats boost altogether. Later on when you earn more money, then you consider what costumes you like.
Note The following images are only examples for presenting stats purpose.
Choose a Costume Hat with EVA +1% buff.
Choose a Face Accessory with DMG +2% buff.
Choose a Costume with DMG +2% buff.
Choose an Ornament with EVA +1% buff.
Choose a Costume Weapon with DMG +2% buff.
When you are done with your equipment, you can consider inlaying Enchantment Card to make your Costume more useful.
There are various types of Enchantment Card, and you can choose based on your economy conditions; but basically, you will arim for Secret tiered Cards. There are also Rare ones which can be fused, but you can achieve the same result by inlaying an Advanced Enchantment to an Enchantment Card.
Tips Learn more information regarding costume enchantment cards, please head over here to find out!
Advanced Evasion Headgear Enchantment, offers EVA.
You can enchant Enchantment Card: Damage Against Bosses Mastery by inlaying an Advanced Enchant.
Alternative, if you wish to boost your skill “Purple Lightning”, feel free to choose Enchantment Card: Purple Lightning Mastery.
Advanced Attack Facemask Enchantment, offers DMG.
You can enchant Enchantment Card: Cross Slash Mastery or Enchantment Card: Dancing Balisong Mastery by inlaying an Advanced Enchant, depending on which skill you use or like the most.
Advanced Attack Costume Enchantment, offers DMG.
You can enchant Enchantment Card: CRIT Damage Against Bosses Mastery by inlaying an Advanced Enchant.
Alternative, if you wish to boost your skill “Whirling Dance”, feel free to choose Enchantment Card: Whirling Dance Mastery.
Advanced Evasion Ornament Enchantment, offers EVA.
You can enchant Enchantment Card: Extreme Speed Mastery by inlaying an Advanced Enchant.
Alternative, if you wish to boost your skills “Slash Cut” and “Deadly Wink”, feel free to choose Enchantment Card: Slash Cut Mastery and Enchantment Card: Deadly Wink Mastery.
Advanced Attack Weapon Enchantment, offers DMG.
You can enchant Enchantment Card: Shadow Brand Mastery by inlaying an Advanced Enchant. It seems that there are not many choices for Costume Weapon.
Tips You can obtain two (or more) costumes, inlay each with different Enchantment Cards, and you can switch between different costumes depending on the situations and what skills you use.
At level 48, you will have 16 points for your Envoy’s Path.
At level 60, you will have 20 points for your Envoy’s Path.
At level 75, you will have 25 points for your Envoy’s Path.
Comments on a few alternatives
Frenzy: It supposedly has 25% chance of activating DoT on target, but right now it doesn’t work this way. Instead it deals a 50% of instant damage bonus.
Born of Desperation: Gain 30% EVA when HP drops below 40%. This is actually a good deal, 30% of EVA takes a lot of DEF Points (about 85). But the real question here is, can you afford a huge amount of HP so when it drops below 40%, you are not likely to die?
Fleet Footed: 5% increase in Move SPD. Useful in general, such as running away from carpet attacks, luring and even in places where you can not mount.
Dream State: Whether this is working as intended or bugged, right now you are not going to pick this until an official patch note that explains it clearly comes out!
Combo Skill: Various combo skills paths are available for certain class combinations. You are free to choose if you want to! Combo skills also provides invincible frames, meaning that your enemies will not able to hit you during the time you cast combo skills.
Here comes the flexible part where you are going to do a lot of experiments and resets. I personally have spent 60 ATK Points on SPD, rest on DMG; and 30 DEF Points on EVA and rest on HP. This way it is more than enough to cap both SPD and EVA, and you can use food and Eidolon to boost your other stats.
Here is a screenshot of my current pure stats at level 66, i.e. the stats without food, buffs or Eidolons. However, you should be able to achieve this at or prior level 65.
Note All equipment are enchanted up to +9.
In most cases, it is of course completely unnecessary to cap both SPD and EVA, because as I said before, you must also take into account the food, buffs and Eidolons. This is just for the impossible-until-it-is-done purpose; and imagine if you spend some more money on improvements such as higher quality equipment, fortification, costume, enchantment card and potion etc., how powerful it could become!
Using this build, your Eidolon will be just a small bonus to you and is not necessarily required to be any specific one at early stage. That is, you can choose your Eidolon base on your own preference. They contribute a bigger bonus when they reach two or three stars, but until then, pick anyone you like and save your Symbols and Crests!
Food & Buff
Here I will only use the Magic tier Food for example purpose, the Secret, Arena and Rare tier food usually offer a better buff and longer duration. You should get those if possible!
Vanilla Macaron. It offers SPD and DMG boost.
Mushroom Seafood Broth. It offers SPD, DMG and Move SPD boost.
Stardust Float. Probably the most common one, it offers DEF and HP boost.
Fragrant Emerald Sencha. It offers EVA, HP and DMG boost.
Pick one based on the situations, solo or in group, what stats you lack and so on.
Main choice: Shadow Brand. It is your main class’ party buff, offers EVA boost.
Now that you have learned how to build your ideal character, it’s time to use it in practice!
Note These techniques are mostly used in your own hardcore runs, i.e. solo Party Mode. When you run Solo Mode, either clearing step-by-step or B2B, you do not need to worry about dying at all.
For your first time in dungeon, you probably would not know how hard the monsters will hit; or how strong or weak they are; or how long it will take for you to kill them. What you need to do here is to test!
You may die on your first try, but then you know the limit! Bring some HP-pots with you if you are insecure! After you have gotten an idea on the monsters, it’s time to get into some actions! These are a few things you need to keep in mind, and be ready to act when fighting:
- Prepare PL before you start your AoE.
- Spam your Deadly Wink while PL is active.
- Use Swift Somersault to dodge attacks.
- If you have a ranged Eidolon, such as Kotonoha, Quelkulan (the one I’m using) etc., leave it out of your mobs’ range.
- Dodge monsters’ carpet attacks if you are insecure.
- If you see the situation is getting ugly, use Decoy early!
- Save your Dancing Balisong if you are insecure, it will save your whole life!
- Use your Eidolon’s combo skill before you or it dies to buy your HP-pots some time.
- When fighting boss, try to keep a few monsters alive to make your Dancing Balisong more effective!
- If the boss is killing you, use the Taunting Eidolon skill to buy yourselves some time.
Feedback & Sharing
At last, you have finally found out the key to make a Duelist/Gunslinger. Tell others what you think and your opinions, feel free to also share your knowledge and ideas with the community. Any suggestions and feedback are more than welcome!
If you have any questions regarding this guide, feel free to post them in the comment section below. If you are to share this guide with your friends, guild-mates or simply re-blogging it, be kind to give credit to the original creator. Simply attaching my username and this website is more than appreciated!
I hope this guide has contributed something for you, and hopefully now you got something in mind, and will soon start building or reworking your characters!
All in all, hope enjoy the game and have fun!
Extra Tags: “aura kingdom duelist” “aura kingdom dual blades” “aura kingdom duelist build” “aura kingdom duelist best build” “aura kingdom duelist eva dmg hp spd build” “aura kingdom duelist god mode” “aura kingdom duelist guide” “aura kingdom duelist best guide” “aura kingdom duelist envoy path” “aura kingdom duelist stats” “aura kingdom duelist gear” “aura kingdom duelist gunslinger guide” “aura kingdom duelist gunslinger build” “aura kingdom best duelist gunslinger” “aura kingdom duelist gunslinger skills” “aura kingdom best duelist gunslinger guide” “aura kingdom best duelist gunslinger build” “aura kingdom solo” “aura kingdom op duelist” “aura kingdom duelist solo” “aura kingdom solo party mode” “aura kingdom solo hell mode” “aura kingdom duelist gunslinger solo” “aura kingdom how to solo” “aura kingdom how to make best character” “aura kingdom how to make best duelist” “aura kingdom duelist spd eva build” “aura kingdom duelist spd” “aura kingdom duelist eva”